Monetizing high-tech businesses
DTBiâ€™sÂ intention is to create a dynamic eco-system to monetize innovative high-tech companies and support creative ICT entrepreneurs in Tanzania. DTBi is a business driven but a â€œNot-for-Profitâ€ entity. The Incubator has its own Board whose members come from the Private Sector (including Banking sector), Government, Civil Society, Academia and Telecommunications sectors.
DTBiâ€™s Business Model
- Nurtures entrepreneurs at the idea stage and startups to be sustainable business companies
- Business development services are provided to those entrepreneurial entities that have a revenue model with the potential for sustainability
- Residential & Non-residential entities get customised support to meet their needs, including space, high-speed internet, conference rooms, kitchen, secretarial services, networking, exhibitions, training & workshops, linkages to finance
- DTBi provides mentoring and coaching to entrepreneurs and facilitates access to potential customers and strategic partners from government and privates sector
- DTBi earns a small percentage of the entity revenues that is derived from DTBiâ€™s support
- DTBi as an organization has forged links with multi-sectorial entities to support and catalyse the delivery of required services to the entrepreneurial community.